Shipping Biological MaterialsIntended for
ResearchersProctored byRequired frequency
Once every 2 years or when regulations changeWhere
Shipping Biological Materials Overview
The purpose of this training module is to familiarize the Principal Investigator and lab personnel with the regulations, different shipping categories; and proper labeling and packaging of biological materials. The information in the slides will provide just an overview. The links in the slides and the support resources and packing instructions listed below will provide the necessary shipping details.
This training is available by logging into BioRAFT with your CU Identikey credentials.
colorado.bioraft.com (click below to log into BioRAFT)
Once logged into BioRAFT, click on “Training” and “Course Directory”. Under Biological Safety, find “Shipping Biological Materials” and click “Launch Course”.
If you do not have an Identikey, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- 49 CFR Part 173 Shippers General Requirements for Shipping & Packaging Class 6, Division 6.1 and 6.2 Materials
- DOT Category A Materials
- DOT Transporting Infectious Substances Safely
- USPS Domestic Mail Manual
- IATA Guidance Document Infectious Substances
- IATA Division 6.2 Infectious Substances
- WHO Guidance on Regulations for Shipping Infectious Substances 09-10