Supporting a Safe Campus
Construction and renovation are a part of the vibrant growth of CU Boulder. As one project comes to a close, another springs up across campus. Ensuring that workers and the campus community remain safe is our top priority. We collaborate with campus entities like Facilities Management and Housing and Dining Services to provide training, resource documentation, and assessment/communication of potential hazards.
We support three primary areas of safety for the CU Boulder campus.
- Projects and Construction. Our programs are set in place to aid safety in projects and construction across campus. Many resources found here will help members of other campus entities gather knowledge and tools needed to help further those safety goals. Further information can be found in the Projects and Construction section.
- Campus Community. We ensure that the environment across campus makes the day-to-day lives of staff, faculty, and students as safe as possible. If you have any questions about environmental concerns, you can learn more in our Campus Community section.
- Environmental Well-Being. We have programs in place to protect the on-going health of the beautiful Boulder environment. Many of these programs overlap with Projects and Construction support. For example, monitoring water that might run off campus and into the Boulder creek often becomes more important in consideration of nearby construction projects. We make sure that all work is done in a way that keeps the Boulder valley safe.
Reducing Environmental Dangers
Safety is an everyday concern for workers and the campus community. EH&S has several programs set up to actively protect you and the beautiful Boulder landscape.
Some areas we monitor and support:
- Asbestos and Lead Based Paint
- Storm Water Protection
- Waste Water Protection
- Water Intrusion and Flooding
- Indoor Air Quality & Odor
- Noise Levels
- Battery Collection
- Household Hazardous Waste