Environmental Health and Safety is committed to supporting the core mission of the University of Colorado Boulder: research, teaching, and service. To support this mission, we provide comprehensive services and support that allow the university to maintain its high standards of health and safety for laboratories, work areas, and classrooms. By offering accessible information about environmental health and safety, the department hopes to contribute to the success of the University of Colorado Boulder as a bastion of research and education.
The Environmental Health and Safety mission is to maintain a safe work and learning environment, ensure regulatory compliance, and recognize and control health and safety hazards. In order to offer our expertise to the university and to the Boulder community, we strive to:
- be strong leaders in the University’s educational mission
- provide creative and innovative solutions to any health and safety issues that may arise
- knowledgably and professionally execute our responsibilities
- hold ourselves accountable both to the University and to the Boulder community
- give quality service at all times, and to
- show appreciation to our dedicated employees, who help ensure that the department meets all expectations in fulfilling its duties
In keeping with its mission, CU Boulder is committed to providing an educational model for fiscally sound, environmentally responsible stewardship of the campus and its resources. The institution intends to maintain its reputation as a proactive leader in the environmental sciences and campus sustainability. The campus values decisions that reduce the environmental impacts of its function. Environmental education and participation in campus environmental programs are encouraged so that all members of the campus and community are compliant with all federal and local regulations.
The University of Colorado Boulder strives to proactively manage both its environmental impact and the resources provided to the campus. As a leader in environmental issues, the university’s policy is to be responsible for protecting the environment and natural resources. We are committed to:
- complying with sound environmental practices, including the commitment to meet or exceed any applicable requirements, legal or otherwise
- properly managing waste and pollution
- managing all our processes, materials, and people in a way that considers the environmental impacts associated with our actions
News and Updates
December 1, 2015
Environmental Health and Safety Helps Labs move to SEEC
Is your lab moving to the Sustainability, Energy and Environment Complex (SEEC) or to the Wilderness Building? Please check out the EH&S Guide for Laboratory Moves for information on how to make your lab move go as smoothly as possible. For any questions please do not hesitate to contact EHS at (303) 492-6025. Guidance Document: EHSGuideForLabMoves-UCB-FINAL-05-20-15 […]Read more...
June 10, 2015
Boger named director of Environmental Health and Safety
Following a nationwide search, Vice Chancellor for Administration Steven Thweatt has announced that Brandon Boger will serve as the new director of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) for the CU-Boulder campus, following the recent retirement of Derrick Watson. EH&S provides comprehensive services and support that allow the university to maintain its high standards of health […]Read more...