Environmental Health and Safety is committed to supporting the core mission of the University of Colorado Boulder: research, teaching, and service. To support this mission, we provide comprehensive services and support that allow the university to maintain its high standards of health and safety for laboratories, work areas, and classrooms. By offering accessible information about environmental health and safety, the department hopes to contribute to the success of the University of Colorado Boulder as a bastion of research and education.
The Environmental Health and Safety mission is to maintain a safe work and learning environment, ensure regulatory compliance, and recognize and control health and safety hazards. In order to offer our expertise to the university and to the Boulder community, we strive to:
- be strong leaders in the University’s educational mission
- provide creative and innovative solutions to any health and safety issues that may arise
- knowledgably and professionally execute our responsibilities
- hold ourselves accountable both to the University and to the Boulder community
- give quality service at all times, and to
- show appreciation to our dedicated employees, who help ensure that the department meets all expectations in fulfilling its duties
In keeping with its mission, CU Boulder is committed to providing an educational model for fiscally sound, environmentally responsible stewardship of the campus and its resources. The institution intends to maintain its reputation as a proactive leader in the environmental sciences and campus sustainability. The campus values decisions that reduce the environmental impacts of its function. Environmental education and participation in campus environmental programs are encouraged so that all members of the campus and community are compliant with all federal and local regulations.
The University of Colorado Boulder strives to proactively manage both its environmental impact and the resources provided to the campus. As a leader in environmental issues, the university’s policy is to be responsible for protecting the environment and natural resources. We are committed to:
- complying with sound environmental practices, including the commitment to meet or exceed any applicable requirements, legal or otherwise
- properly managing waste and pollution
- managing all our processes, materials, and people in a way that considers the environmental impacts associated with our actions
News and Updates
July 26, 2016
EH&S has a new online SAA Lab management Tool!
EH&S is excited to announce a new laboratory management tool that will aid in allowing lab members to check their SAA’s online. This will allow for a higher level of compliance across all labs on campus and will be live starting 7/26/2016. Please click on the link below to be directed to the SAA login […]Read more...
July 22, 2016
Environmental Health and Safety Starts Pilot Inventory Project at SEEC/SEEL
EH&S’s new plan is to take inventory responsibilities off the hands of laboratory personnel and minimize the amount of overall work required to maintain an inventory through the use of students and barcodes. This workflow is for the SEEC/SEEL building only and may be temporary without the support/participation of everyone in the new building. Please see the documents below […]Read more...